£77 - 90 per day
Temporary | Full Time
1:1 Support Assistant
- Secondary SEMH Provision
- £11.85 - £12.80 p/hour
- X3 positions
- Working with a child on a 1:1 basis
- Contract: Temp to Perm
- Trial day required
A secondary specialist day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, catering for children with a wide range of needs is looking to recruit a multiple 1:1 support assistant. Their dedicated team, work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
- Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
- To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil’s efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem.
- To support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
- Support during playground/break time supervision
- To aid the pupil to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on their own
- Although this role is to support a pupil on a 1:1 basis the applicant must be willing to be flexible and in some aspects work with groups of pupils.
As these can be challenging environments to be successful you would ideally have experience in this sector and have worked with challenging individuals however this doesn’t necessarily have to be in a school setting and can be from care, residential, youth work, prison service, sports coaching etc!
If you are interested in this position, please click apply now and upload an up to date copy of your CV. Hull will contact you within 48hours to discuss next steps!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.