£65 - 70 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Do you possess knowledge of British Sign Language (BSL) or a desire to learn and work with SEN pupils? Our specialist partner school are seeking a Teaching Assistant to work with hearing impaired pupils. *All applicants must have a minimum of Level 2 in British Sign Language.*
You will be required to support and engage pupils aged 5-16 years with their learning and development in a specialist education setting. Previous experience in schools is desirable, but not essential.
We require passionate individuals who have some or excellent knowledge of British Sign Language and/or Makaton.
The Successful Candidate Should
• Be motivated to inspire and encourage children.
• Have some or excellent knowledge of British Sign Language.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have the ability to deliver specific interventions as and when required – a passion for Maths, Science or English is advantageous but not essential.
• Be confident in managing the behaviour of pupils aged 5-16 years. The newly-appointed Teaching Assistant will be responsible for providing ongoing support to enhance the learning and development of an SEN pupil.
Please send an up to date CV ensuring it details your past 6 year career history.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.