£64.62 - 70.00 per day
Permanent | Full Time
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for a Student Support Worker to join a Secondary school setting in the Penzance, on a long-term basis.
Our client is a mainstream secondary provision however this particular role is to work with a student 1:1 with complex social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs.
The school are needing an experienced Support Worker/Teaching Assistant to work within their mainstream secondary school.
The Student Support Worker will have a strong background working within the care/education sector and will be experienced in supporting individuals with SEMH needs.
Successful applicants will have strong behaviour management skills and the ability to quickly establish and maintain positive relationships with young people, having a flexible and student-led approach to learning.
Interviews will be conducted imminently, so please call and apply to this job advert with a copy of your CV to be considered.
• Location: Penzance
• Position: Student Support Worker
• Contract: temporary to permanent (Long-term)
• Hours: full-time, 8.30am - 3.30pm
• Start Date: ASAP
• Pay Rate: £64.62 - £70.00 per day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience working with students with Special Educational Needs (ideally in an SEN/SEMH setting)
• Strong behaviour management skills and the capability to engage with students
• Resilient, charismatic, and compassionate
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year – Teaching Personnel can provide this if you don't have it
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH TEACHING PERSONNEL, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional references Teaching Personnel is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The successful candidate will be required to register with Teaching Personnel in order to fill this vacancy. If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.