£70.00 - £85.00 Per Day
Permanent | Full Time
- Autism Support Worker
- Full-time (8.30am – 3.30pm)
- SEN School in the York area
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a SEN School in the York area who are looking to recruit Autism Support Workers to add to their growing team. The school are looking to recruit multiple Autism Support Workers to support the new pupils who have joined their school this new academic year.
The school caters for pupils, aged 2-19, with SEND including, MLD, PMLD, Complex Needs. The school also have an Autism Specialist Provision which is solely caters for students with Autism. Many pupils who attend this school struggle with their speech, language and communication and some do display challenging behaviours. The Autism specialist provision provides an area which specifically caters to the individual needs of each pupil. This provision has sensory rooms which allows pupils to have the support they need.
As an Autism Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Helping to implement the school routine as per the pupils EHCP.
- Use communicational aids such as PECS or Makaton to help the pupils SLCN.
- Encourage pupils to engage with their learning.
- Provide personal care when required.
- Use sensory toys to reward children for their learning.
- Help the children to learn how to self regulate their behaviours.
- Help the pupils on their movement walks.
- Supervise children at mealtimes.
- Help pupils to understand how to ask for help when they need it and help them become more independent.
The school require positive individuals which can make a palpable impact on the students at the school. The perfect candidate should be empathetic, an excellent communicator and compassionate. The candidate should help support the needs of each individual pupil and want to help them to achieve their goal.
The school will consider applications from candidates who have previous experience supporting people with SEND, have previous care experience or those willing to do training upon the subject.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well aas the Right to Work in the UK. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.